Sonic Aural (CGS Demo)

Forum for discussing fan games and projects at the Chao Games Showcase
Forum rules
Feedback forms are now on available for each and every booth, please submit a feedback form for the developers if you have the time.
darkn
Founder
Founder

Sonic Aural (CGS Demo)

Post by darkn »

GAME'S INFORMATION:
What is this?: Sonic Aural is a non-profit passion project that has been in development for 4 years. Featuring unique twists on classic Sonic mechanics and gameplay inspired by the classic trilogy and Knuckles Chaotix, with a new look and feel!

What's in the demo?: This demo contains one zone[Auric Isle] with sonic being only playable!

Technology?: Sonic Aural uses Harmony Framework for Gamemaker Studio 2!

PLOT SYPNOSIS:
In ancient history, the elusive “Easter Island” was home to a peaceful civilization. Not much is known about them other than the massive monoliths (so-called “Auric Monoliths”) that they have left behind, previously used for communicating between neighboring civilizations and even among themselves. These monoliths have a connection to energy assessed by the Rings and Chaos Emeralds. The island itself had since formed a quartet of islands, all of which were initially an ancient singular landmass that split apart - being the South Island, the West Side Island, the Angel island in the North, and the Easter Island itself in the East. As a consequence of the conquests of another civilization seeking for power, the people of Easter Island were wiped out, and their monoliths were left abandoned, with nobody having knowledge of what they are and what their usage is.

Following the Newtrogic High incident, Dr. Eggman’s plan of using alternative sources of energy for the realization of his plans continued. After much research, he finds out about the story of the Easter Island civilization and their monoliths. As such, Dr. Eggman begins to alter the frequencies of each of the Auric Monoliths using his mechanisms to direct towards his new base of operation - the Egg Bastion - a space station embedded with a giant satellite dish, which, when connected to the Auric Monoliths and fully powered with all of the Chaos Emeralds, will have the ability to brainwash anyone to serve under Dr. Eggman’s command!

GAMEPLAY SCREENSHOTS:

SOCIAL MEDIA:
Twitter page

DOWNLOAD:
Sonic Aural [CGS Demo].zip
(28.8 MiB) Downloaded 2544 times
Sonic Aural [CGS Demo].zip
(28.8 MiB) Downloaded 2544 times

joshyflip

Re: Sonic Aural (CGS Demo)

Post by joshyflip »

WE LOVE to see it.

Flapperultra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Flapperultra »

Feedback form
https://forms.gle/rGvW2W6WnX2uxR54A

Please answer a few questions from this form in order to give feedback to the developer about your experience and opinions with their game.

Hiroshi/AME

Post by Hiroshi/AME »

Late, but I enjoyed Aural completely. Despite the missing features, this demo provided the same feeling that Legends gave me... I don't know how to describe it, but the best I can say is that "It's Sonic". I can tell someone this is "Sonic", an experience that I have longed for after playing Sonic 3&K. This truly is the next level, and I hope to see more in the future.